When we set out to launch Creator Month, a month-long series devoted to celebrating the work and voices of Teachable creators, we had no clue what was in store. We knew we wanted to pass the mic to our creators for the month, but we never imagined how far out of the ballpark they would go.
The spirit of sharing
In the month, we’ve seen blog posts on every topic, interviews with top earners, videos made from the heart, newsletter features and spotlights, and downloadable content readers can return to over and over. Those on Teachable typically focus on one thing: sharing what they know with students. And this month, they’ve done so much more than that: They’re sharing what they know—with each other.
If you’ve missed any of the amazing pieces shared, you can view them all here. If you’re looking for a specific topic, we’ve broken them down below.
- “I turned my Teachable course into a book—with a major publisher”
- “Here’s how I use free content for success”
- Expert guide: How to promote your online course on Black Friday
- 3 powerful ways to help students learn through self-paced courses
- Creator tip: Handling inconsistent revenue streams as a full-time course creator
- Creator op-ed: “I have a niche audience—here’s how I market my courses”
The creator mind
- The hidden cause of procrastination in entrepreneurs
- Creator op-ed: “Here’s how we teach a course on a sensitive or emotional topic”
- Mindfulness for overcoming stress as an online business owner
- One creator’s epiphany moment lead to a life change—and course creation
- Exclusive: Teri Ijeoma on being a trader, online creator, and now filmmaker
- Creator op-ed: “How I learned to be a mentor for my students”
- Expert guide: How to start your business in 3 steps with $0 down
- Video: Angela Alston on how the past can shape your future as a creator
- Video: Darnell Brown on how to sell without the sleaze
- Creator op-ed: Run your business from the heart for success
Social media tricks
- 4 steps to launch your business using Instagram
- Video: Social media and emotions—top tips for being more mindful online
- Video: Amie Tollefsrud’s guide to Instagram Reels for course creators
Born of passion
From the bottom of our hearts, we cannot thank each and every single person involved in Creator Month 2021 enough. The vulnerability displayed, the expertise given, and the words of encouragement expressed are precisely why we at Teachable do what we do.
We aim to build a platform that allows creators everywhere, regardless of size or experience, to build a business they love. Passion is at the heart of every entrepreneur, and it’s what drives us to make a better product each day. No more was this creator passion displayed than during this last month of content.
And we can’t wait to do it again next year.
We want to hear from you. If you’re a Teachable creator who would like the opportunity to be featured in Creator Month 2022 or collaborate with us in another way, we want to hear from you. Drop us a line below and you’ll be immediately connected to our editor.