In a blink of an eye, we’re almost at the end of year. During Q4, we are focused on making small but impactful improvements to our platform and doing the groundwork needed for what we have planned for 2021.
What’s new at Teachable?
Teachable Payments Germany
Teachable Payments is now available to all creators based in Germany, in addition to creators based in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
If you’re currently using Monthly Payment Gateway, you can now make the change in Settings > Payments. You’ll be prompted to create a Stripe Express account, which is different from the one you currently have access to. The process will only take you a few minutes and will allow you to get your course earnings daily, weekly, or monthly—the choice is yours.
In addition, you also get these additional benefits:
- Collect and remit EU VAT on your behalf for all transactions
- Automatic chargeback dispute
- Apple Pay and Google Pay options for students
- Access to BackOffice so we manage your author and affiliate payouts and taxes as well
For more information about Teachable Payments, please check out the Knowledge Base article on Teachable Payments.
US addresses via CSV export
Last month, we added billing and shipping addresses on the student checkout page. As a quick follow up to this new feature, we have also added the ability for you to export all US student addresses via a CSV file. This will give you access to additional information you may need about your students.
For more information on adding addresses at checkout, explore this Knowledge Base article.
Manual lecture completion
You can now manually complete a lecture on behalf of an individual student directly from your admin dashboard.
If you’re on the Teachable Professional plan and have the course compliance feature enabled, you’ll have the option to progress them even if a student hasn’t completed the requirements or is locked due to technical difficulties.
To do this, go to Users > Students > Individual Student > Progress Reports and click the ellipses to choose Complete Lecture.
Preview coaching product
You can now preview what the coaching product looks like after you've set it up. The preview will show you the experience your clients have with the product after their purchase.
To preview the enrolled coaching space, you can click the Preview button in the top right corner of the coaching Template or Clients pages. Please note this preview will show you what the coaching space looks like and how the first milestone will be displayed.
Updates and other fixes
- On Page Editor 2.0, we’ve added the functionality to allow creators to adjust border radius on cards and images. If these elements are available in a content block, you’ll be able to change the border radius under the design tab by using the slider scale or inputting a specific field.
- We made a small update to checkout so the payment plan name no longer shows up on checkout. This update makes it clear for the student which course they have purchased.
- We’ve added additional tooltips to the Logo & Branding section under Site to provide creators with image and dimension information.
- We fixed a notification bug for the coaching product, so now both owner and author (if assigned) will receive an email notification when a student responds to a milestone.
Coming up at Teachable
Our product and engineering team is working on: (Click to enlarge)
- Building the option for you to bundle courses and coaching together
- Developing group coaching functionality in our coaching product
- Creating an option to build your template coaching program
- Adding a new native lead capture function
Got suggestions? Got questions? We’re all ears. Comment below and I’ll respond directly or in the next monthly product updates!