They say time flies when you’re having fun, but at Teachable, it flies by when we’re pushing new updates and building new features to improve your experience on our platform. Don’t worry—we’re having fun while doing it, too!
Many of you have written in to our Customer Care team about our product roadmap, or asked about it in the Teachable Tribe, and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. To provide you, our customers, with more transparency, we’ve decided to start sharing product updates, including what we’re currently working on, every month!
What’s New on Teachable?
New Feature: Course Compliance in Beta
Course compliance, our newest feature, is now available in beta for Professional and Business Plan users! This new feature allows you to enforce lecture and video completion, as well as requiring passing quiz grades or quiz completion, before your students can move forward in the course curriculum.
Try it out now by opting into our Beta Program under Settings > Beta Program.
Please note that this feature is still in beta, and that by opting into our beta group, you’re not only getting early access to the feature, but helping us squash any bugs that might be present before we release it widely.
If you notice any issues, please let our team know by submitting the feedback form through our Beta Program. You’ll find the form in Settings > Beta Program or in Your Course > Information > Course Compliance. Of course—any additional feedback, suggestions, or testimonials about the feature are also very welcome.
Want to wait for the release? We’ll be launching this feature to all Professional and Business Plan users as soon as we’re confident it’s the best it can be. Stay tuned!
Other Updates & Bug Fixes
- We migrated all of your course-specific pages under one tab: Course > Pages. This new tab houses the three default pages for any course you have in your school: Sales Page, Checkout Page and Thank You Page.
- We added a zip code field to the transaction report CSV to help school owners handle state sales taxes more easily.
- We fixed an issue with our rate limiting on the checkout flow causing some users to not be able to complete checkout.
- We fixed a bug preventing a small portion of users with saved cards from making new purchases.
Coming up at Teachable…
We’re working hard this quarter to strengthen our checkout flow, to make purchasing a course on our platform smoother and increase your conversion rates. Specifically, we’re working on:
- Adding some instrumentation to your checkout flow to lay the groundwork for very exciting changes down the road.
- Also, stay tuned for additional visibility into your Teachable Payments payouts.
We want to be transparent and honest with you. We'll never make false promises, so I'll only share features we're actively working on (not every feature we'd like to add in the future). With more frequent product updates, I hope you’ll feel like you know what our team is working on and what you can expect from Teachable.
Got suggestions? Got questions? We’re all ears. Comment below and I’ll respond directly or in the next monthly product update!