After a super fast-paced summer full of hiring, releasing new features, and company events, we’ve been using the month of September to catch our breath and make a game plan for the last quarter of 2017.
A few highlights from the month include:
1) Our hiring craze slowed down a bit (for September, at least!), but we did welcome two awesome new employees:
2) And we have a new (but not new new) community specialist!
Say hello to our new Community Specialist, Aquilah Elysha! Aquilah started here as a Customer Educator, and now that she’s basically a Teachable expert, she’s heading into a new role as one of the public faces in the community on our social media platforms—like the Teachable Tribe group. We love encouraging our employees to grow within the company and take on new challenges!
3) Introduced school deletions and ability to add address in the product
We’ve been hard at work building bigger features (see the bottom of this post for more info!) which is why September was a tad slow on the new feature release front. But we did release two things that may be small, but are very important foundationally!
- School deletions - Previously, owners had to write into Teachable’s customer support team to delete their school. Now school owners can delete their school entirely within their admin area. This is just one example of how we’re trying to make processes more seamless for our instructors.
- School owner mailing address - In order to comply with US state tax reporting requirements, and so that we can send you your payments in a timely manner, we are now making an effort to collect mailing addresses from all school owners. This is strictly a bookkeeping matter, and will help Roy (our financial controller) sleep a little better at night :).
Company Update: Here’s What Happened Around The Office (And Outside!)
We Officially Launched Our Company Blog!
We hinted at this last month, and officially launched our new company blog in September. Check out the two posts that went up already:
- How We Improved New Hire Onboarding at Teachable: If you’ve been following our past few monthly update posts, you’ve seen a lot of names in the “new hires” section. As a startup, our modus operandi for welcoming all these new employees was a little haphazard at first. This blog post by Nick Rasch of the People Ops team details how we whipped our onboarding process into shape.
Look out for new posts going live every other Wednesday here: https://medium.com/teachable
Teachable Company Retreat @ Paradox Lake in the Adirondacks
Who said summer camp was for kids? Because we don’t need that kind of negativity in our life ;)
We spent a gorgeous three-day weekend at Camp No Counselors. S’mores were made, sports were played, stars were gazed at, and good times were had by all.
Social Ads School After Party @ Teachable HQ
The Social Ads School is an online event created by Verick Wayne to teach entrepreneurs and course creators all about social media advertising. While the Social Ads School event itself took place in cyberspace, their after party was held in person at Teachable HQ!
Over 30 social-advertising experts participated in the online event, which spanned 7 days from September 10-16, and all were invited to join us. It was great to connect with folks in person—in attendance of the after party were Kimra Luna, Regina Anaejionu, and more.
Nicole Walter's 1K1Day Meetup @ Teachable HQ
We love Nicole Walters! So we were super excited that she was able to host her NYC Regional Meetup for her 1K1Day Academy right in our very own office by Union Square. A bunch of biz-driven members in her mastermind group attended. If you’ve ever watched Nicole’s videos (like I have!) you’ll be glad to hear she is just as amazing and energetic in real life. We hope they come back soon!
Working at Teachable & Current Openings
Teachable Employee Spotlight: Meet Nick Rasch
How long have you been working at Teachable?
7 months! Started in February.
What do you do at Teachable?
People Operations Manager. Day to day, I work with the company at large and our ops team to implement and improve systems and programs, with the goal of creating an amazing place to work and scaling the company efficiently.
What’s the best thing about your experience working at Teachable?
The best thing has been seeing how company values (transparency, ownership, teamwork, and speed) translate into action. They’re established norms at this point, and apply well across everything from interviewing and hiring to everyday office collaboration.
What’s an interesting Teachable school that you’ve come across?
uavcoach.com is very cool, and covers both the law and practical tips for flying. It’s also well designed, and helping people get certified to fly drones is a neat application.
What are you most excited about going forward?
I’m really excited to see the team and the product continue to grow! Also somewhat excited to find out where our next (ninth?) office is, and to not lose any boxes in the move this time around.
What's your most useless talent?
I learned to read and speak very, very quickly in college debate. Useless, because I now have to make an effort to speak like a normal human.
Check out this recent article by Nick on the company blog!
Teachable Career Opportunity Spotlight: Marketing Project Manager - Content Team
We’re looking for a project manager to join our content marketing team! If you have experience launching online products or managing digital campaigns, we’d love to meet you. For this role, you should be an expert at organic audience growth and promoting digital content.
The ideal candidate can start with an idea and turn it into an organized project roadmap, while keeping the team on track to hit lead and revenue goals and meet deadlines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Project managing content campaigns and promotions end-to-end
- Promoting digital content to drive organic leads and engagement.
- Tracking and analyzing data results to optimize for lead and revenue growth.
- Working with a supportive team of experts in content marketing, SEO, social media, editorial strategy, and more.
Who you’ll be reporting to:
Randle Browning. Randle joined Teachable in January, after traveling around the U.S. for 4 months in a renovated RV with her husband (and rescue dog). She’s an English major who found her place in tech as a content marketer. Fun fact: Randle managed a remote content team for 3 years while living in Waco, where she and her husband own a pizza place. She has since relocated to Brooklyn, where she enjoys walking her dogs and cooking vegan food.
Ways you can grow in the role: Teachable has already experienced massive growth as a company over the past year, but we’re only just getting started. You’ll have the chance to make a huge impact on our trajectory as a company, develop great new connections that expand our reach, and grow as a professional while running content marketing campaigns to your heart’s content. No pun intended. :P
Want to Join the Teachable Team? Here’s What We’re Currently Hiring For
Growth & Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing Manager: Grow our affiliate program by building relationships with influencers and developing marketing materials.
- Marketing Project Manager - Content Team: Coordinate and manage special online events put on by our very own content team. (This role was highlighted above!)
- Data Engineer: Drive data collection and analysis across Teachable in collaboration with our engineering, product, and growth teams.
- Senior Front-End Developer: Help build the product on the front end.
- Senior Software Engineer: Work on the back end of the product on our engineering team.
- Software Engineer: Either a full-stack or back-end engineer to work on production code.
- Software Engineer - Internal Tools: Help Teachable run more efficiently by managing the tools we use internally.
Learn more about each opening here on our career page.
We’re so excited to keep expanding the Teachable team in the coming months. Perks include working in a gorgeous office in Manhattan, working in an exciting and fast-paced environment with awesome people, competitive pay, health care benefits, an education stipend and more!
What You Can Look Forward to Next
Finally - Live Chat Support
You asked, and we’ll deliver: live chat customer support is almost here—soon to be in beta! We’re rolling it out to select schools at first to work out any kinks. However, it will eventually be available on all paid Teachable plans.
Ability for Students to Reuse Credit Cards Across Schools
This is another step in our plan to make it easier for instructors to make course sales. Because this is a feature that impacts all students on myTeachable-enabled schools, we want to get it right, so we’ve been rigorously testing it internally.
When this goes live, students will be able to store their credit cards inside myTeachable, and be able to reuse them across schools that have myTeachable enabled. This is just another advantage to enabling myTeachable on your school if you haven’t done so already.
Drip Release Content By Date
A major piece of feedback we hear from school owners and instructors is the desire to be able to release drip content by date, instead of just a specified amount of time post-enrollment. Well, good news! With our new drip update, owners will be able to choose whether to drip content by specific dates or by a set number of days after enrollment.
Note: Drip content is only available for Basic plans and higher. Learn more about Teachable pricing here.
Enabling SSL Across Teachable Schools
Starting in early 2017, Google began cracking down on websites without HTTPS (or SSL) enabled, and they’re getting more aggressive with the warning they’re showing on non-SSL enabled sites.
In alignment with being more secure, we decided to start moving all Teachable schools over to SSL. (Some school owners have already set it up on their own -- kudos to you!) Look out for more information from us coming your way over the next several weeks about this transition over to SSL (or HTTPS).
Hope you’re as excited as we are! See you next month in October!