Running a business comes with highs and lows. Business affirmations are one tool that you can use to stay positive and keep your momentum going during those inevitable rough patches.
As an entrepreneur, you’ve probably wondered—will my business be successful? You may have had doubts or negative thoughts when considering this question. It is normal to have these thoughts, especially if your business has not yet achieved the success that you imagined. The life of a business owner can be demanding and exhausting.
However, maintaining a positive mindset and confidence in your vision can play a significant role in its success. Of course, there are many factors that impact business success—product-market fit, competition, and more.
Some factors are not in your control. But, to a certain extent, you can control your mindset. Positive business affirmations help you build confidence, stay focused, and persevere through any challenges that you’ll face while growing a profitable business.
You may be thinking that sounds great, but what are business affirmations exactly and how do they work?
In this article, we’ll explain how they work and share over 30 examples of affirmations for small business owners. Plus, by the end, you’ll not only be equipped with a list of ready-to-use affirmations, but you’ll also be able to create your own.
What are business affirmations?
Your thoughts have a significant impact on your general health. When you’re not okay mentally, you’re more likely to fall into a negative thought pattern and hold yourself back. Affirmations are a simple way to change your mentality.
An affirmation is a brief statement repeated frequently to reinforce positive thinking. The purpose of affirmations is to challenge a person’s negative perceptions about themselves by focusing on a relevant positive thought.
Why are business affirmations important?
Entrepreneurship is not always smooth sailing, and negative thoughts happen to everyone. They only become a problem when they cycle through your mind over and over.
Business affirmations can empower you and help you get through difficult times. When used consistently, affirmations build powerful thoughts about yourself and your business.
In fact, repeating positive affirmations trains your brain to block unhelpful and negative thoughts from sneaking into your subconscious. Overall, it’s a win-win. You motivate yourself, boost your confidence, and foster optimistic energy that rubs off on other people.
As an entrepreneur, when you’re confident, friendly, and cheerful, it’ll be easier for you to connect with employees, clients, and other business contacts. Business affirmations are beneficial because they:
- Encourage you to stay optimistic about the future of your company
- Assist you in staying motivated and moving forward
- Help you achieve your business objectives
- Manage feelings of insecurity and doubt
How do business affirmations work?
Believe it or not, there is some science behind using positive statements. Affirmations work on two scientific principles—neuroplasticity and the self-affirmation theory.
Neuroplasticity is your brain’s ability to evolve and adapt to different situations throughout your life.
At times, your brain can’t tell the difference between reality and imagination. When you create a mental image of yourself doing something, it activates many of the same brain areas that experiencing these situations would.
Regular repetition of statements about yourself encourages your brain to take these positive affirmations as fact. When you genuinely believe you can do something, your actions often follow.
The self-affirmation theory is a principle created by Claude Steele. It focuses on how individuals adapt to experiences that negatively affect their self-concept. Self-affirmation theory suggests that humans naturally feel a strong desire to maintain a positive self-image.
Business affirmations reinforce praise and help maintain self-integrity. According to Psychology Today, they decrease stress and increase physical activity. They are even said to help people consume more fruits and vegetables. Here’s another incredible fact: They also amplify neural pathways associated with processing and reward.
34 Business Affirmations to Empower You
To adjust your mindset, you can use the following list of powerful affirmations. Pick between five and ten from the list and recite them every day until they become a part of your belief system.
- I am worthy of success and recognition
- The work I do makes a positive difference in my students’ lives
- I am building wealth for myself and my family
- My knowledge is worth sharing with others.
- I attract the audience that’s meant for me
- I will surround myself with people that encourage my success
- I have the strength to endure all failures and successes
- My business gives me the freedom to live how I want
- My energy attracts my ideal customers and clients
- I will work intently towards my goals
- I am creating a life I deserve
- Life does not need to be perfect
- I invest in myself and my business every day
- I welcome new business opportunities
- I can turn my expertise into income
- I am capable of making tough decisions
- My work makes me feel happier and stronger each day
- I provide products and services that people need
- I make money and I’m helping others make money
- I’m allowed to take things slowly
- I am not going to give up
- I am capable of running a business
- There are no limits to what I can achieve
- I’ve built a great team of employees
- I know how to delegate responsibilities for the best efficiency
- I can focus my energy on what I’m good at
- I am one step closer to meeting my financial goals
- The challenges in my business energize me
- I define what success looks like
- I permit myself to learn as I go
- My business is constantly growing
- My sacrifices are leading to prosperity
- I am proud to work for myself
- Perceived failures allow me to grow
With the list above, you can develop more positive thinking habits. However, you can also use them as inspiration to create your own business affirmations.
First, write down all your goals, dreams, and wishes. Then, write statements that align with them. If you are struggling to write them, try framing them as “I am” statements.
For example, do you have a big launch coming up? Adopt this affirmation: “I am so excited to see sales coming in from a successful launch.”
Are you launching a newsletter for the first time? Try this affirmation: “I have a popular newsletter that provides my amazing audience with entertainment and education.”
Tips for staying positive and consistent
For business affirmations to be effective, you should repeat them daily. Recite them in your head, say them aloud, write them down, sing or even shout them, whichever works for you.
The key is to stay consistent. These tips can help.
- Write affirmations on sticky notes and place them around your house
- Write them in a journal
- Set a daily reminder on your phone or calendar
- Add affirmations as your phone’s background image
Also, find a time every day that aligns best with your schedule to practice your affirmations.
For your affirmations to work, you have to believe in them. It will be challenging initially, but as the days pass, you’ll notice a change.
Choose the business affirmations that make you feel unstoppable. Recite them daily, and see how much your life changes for the better. The list above is a good guideline to help start your journey. As time goes by, you’ll figure out what works for you and even come up with your own.
You know how to use affirmations to increase productivity. Here’s our free “seven steps checklist” to create your own online course.