The number one thing that would be online entrepreneurs with struggle with is building an audience. They’ve got the business idea, they’ve got the skills, but nobody knows who they are.
Mini courses are shorter online courses that take 2 hours or less to complete. They’ll cover a very specific topic, and are usually used as a marketing tool or funnel.
The best part of mini courses? They’re quick to create and are often made from repurposed content you’ve already published.
To make the process even easier, we created a mini course creation guide walking you through creating your first mini course, start to finish.
Create your mini course one step at a time:
- Get a simple, clear checklist to create your course
- Choose your course topic and define your target audience
- Keep track of your course creation progress
- Make a marketing plan for your mini course
Before you get started, keep in mind: The key to creating a mini course is to keep it mini. Before you get started, make sure you keep this in mind during the planning and creating of your mini course.
So many “mini course” creators end up giving away massive courses that could be stand-alone products selling for hundreds of dollars and calling it a mini course. And while it’s incredibly generous to give away all of that for free, our goal is to help you make money online - not give away your value for free.
Creating a mini course is quite formulaic, too:
- Create ONE section in a Teachable course.
- Add course information as text lectures.
- Add a valuable download.
- Add images to your text if necessary to explain what you’re doing.
- Try to use only one section, and try not to add more than 5–7 steps.
You can also use video in your mini course, but again, try not to get carried away.
With that in mind, make sure to download our mini course creation guide and get started working your way through creating your mini course. As always, if you have any questions make sure to leave them in the comments!